Updated: May 14, 2019
POSTED ON NOVEMBER 13, 2015
I’m celebrating! The word “multi” just got redefined. We’ve all heard of multi-cuisine, but how about multi-talented, multi-payment options, multi-homechefs? All this just a click away.And not to forget it’s all home-delivered too.
Have I managed to intrigue you? Confuse you? Its quite simple really and very useful to know.
This is all about an online platform to order incredibly delicious home made meals and bakery items and get them delivered right at your desk or doorstep.
Taking “home made” to new levels and bringing it to you is “FoodiePalace” and it’s five multi-talented and lovely women .MBA graduate, ex-banker turned entrepreneurchef Mansi Tiwari specializes in North Indian and Chinese cuisine. Pinky Daga bakes chemical-free breads, tea cakes, homemade chocolates and Indian sweets (all are eggless). Specialising in Non vegetarian and Italian dishes is Vijayalakshmi N
Creating all the chocolate delights is Jayashree. Her specialties are Tajmahal in white chocolate, rose bouquets, and miniature chocolate cars.
Deepashri bakes but never uses shortening or any preservatives. Egg-less Chocolate Cupcakes, Peanut brownies and chocolate brownies are her specials.
At our “whathottasting” session graciously hosted by the iconic Taj Connemara I not only met the multi-talented women , I also tasted a variety of their repertoire…from
Delicious pesto ring and prawns to Apple Cinnamon Streusel Cake, chicken biryani and chocolates too.
So, if you order with them (its done online), this is what you’ll get
A daily change of menu.Multi-cuisine menu for lunch and dinner (South Indian/ North Indian/ Chinese/Italian).Food cooked by home chefs, real home food.All through Net banking/Debit card/Credit card.
FOODY PALACE – 044 6602 3231, email id – firstname.lastname@example.org, website: www.foodypalace.com Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/FoodyPalace-400997926765386/timeline/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
FOODY PALACE RECIPES
On my request they shared some of their recipes with us…here are a couple…
MOLTEN LAVA CAKE BY PINKI DAGA
1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup chocolate, 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup condensed milk, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp vanilla essence
1) Melt chocolate and butter in double boiler.
2) Sift the flour and baking powder
3) Mix condensed milk and vanilla essence in melted butter and chocolate.
4) Turn off the stove and gradually add the flour mixture. Then mix it rigorously so that no lumps are formed.
5) Grease the bowls and pour the mixture into it.
6) Then put a big chunk of chocolate in each.
7) Pre heat oven at 180 degree centigrade and bake for 15-20 mins. Enjoy delicious lava cake.
CHICKEN BIRYANI BY VIJAYALAKSHMIN:
1kg chicken, 1kg basmati rice, 250gms onion, tomato, ginger garlic paste, green chillies, mint leaves, coriander leaves, chilli and turmeric powder, salt. Fennel seeds, cardamon, cloves, cinnamon stick.
1) Marinate chicken for 2 hours in curd, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder and salt.
2) Soak basmati rice in water for 20 mins.
3) now in a pressure cooker heat oil, add fennel seeds, cardamon, clves, cinnamon stick. and sliced onion. once it turns brown add ginger garlic paste, mint leaves and sliced tomato.
4) Add all masalas, marinated chicken and saute till dry. cover the lid and let it cook till 2 whistles.
5) then add rice soaked in water and cook in low flame for 5 mins.
6) Garnish with chopped fresh mint and coriander leaves.
7) Serve with raita/brinjal curryz